Thursday, December 8, 2011


Name: Suzanne Lehnardt
Student’s Name: Charles Lehnardt
Student’s Graduation Year: 2008 (We'll be done with residency in 6 months!  HOORAY!)
Your Birthday: December 8
Blog: 
-Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I was born and raised in Costa Mesa, CA (Orange County).  I loved to be outside growing up and spent a lot of time on my roller skates, my bike, at the beach, the playground, and Disneyland.  Most of all I loved to dance, and had my first job teaching dance at the age of 15.  I danced my way through Jr. High, High School, and College while getting a degree in Community Health from BYU (I minored in dance). I spent my last semester of BYU in Ukraine doing intern work at the Health Department in Kyiv.  I met Charles on a blind date just as I was finishing my Master's degree in Nutrition at the University of Utah (Charles was in Med school HERE at ATSU at the time!).  I worked as a pediatric dietitian at the Children's hospital in Salt Lake City until we were married and then at Cincinnati Children's in Ohio (while Charles was doing his rotations in Dayton during 3rd and 4th year).  After graduation we moved to Wichita, KS where Charles did his Family Medicine residency.  While there we had 2 kids.  Savannah is now nearly 3 and Cameron is 7-months-old.  Now we're back in Kirksville for Charles' 4th and FINAL year of residency while he specializes in OMM.  I love being a mom and spending time with my two sweet kiddos, love to cook, love photography (though I'm admittedly not nearly as good as I'd like to be), and love the gospel of Jesus Christ.  
 
*If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Italy!
*What is your favorite movie? Singin' in the Rain (I know it's old-school, but I love it!)
*what was the best job you ever had?  Working with the Bone Marrow Transplant kids at Primary Children's Hospital
*If you could get any gift for your birthday this year what would it be?  A buyer for the home we had while living in Wichita