Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Christian Potter!!!


Name: Christian PotterStudent’s Name: JamesStudent’s Graduation Year: 2013Your Birthday: 12/11/84Blog: jamesandchristian.blogspot.com (email me for an invitation)
-Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I grew up in Utah and Tennessee. I love the West and I love the South, so Missouri really suits me. I have an English degree but don't read very much...at all. I keep promising myself that I will one day read all the books I was supposed to have read before I graduated. We'll see. But I LOVE writing and editing papers. I know, I'm weird. I enjoy cooking, listening to and (when no one's around) singing to almost anything but particularly soft rock, oldies, and broadway stuff, occassionally reading a good book, watching movies, and being with my husband and kids.  
*if you could eat at any restaurant for your birthday what would it be?     -In Kirksville--Colton's or La Fuente. Anywhere--Tucanos (Utah) or Maggiano's (St. Louis--You HAVE to eat there!!!!!!).
*What is your favorite tv show?
    -"Dancing With the Stars". I'm addicted. (I'd be addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance," but they don't show it online and I don't have tv.) I LOVE to watch dancing. I don't dance, but I think the human body in motion to music is breath-taking.
 
*What was the best job you ever had?
    -The job where I made the most money was working at Cracker Barrel in TN. I worked 50-70 hours a week and, although it was crazy being a 19-year-old "manager" there, I had a fat paycheck that usually made up for it. But the best job I've ever had was working at a hotel as a front desk clerk while attending junior college. It was so easy that I always got my homework done and usually had time to watch a movie or hang out with the other desk clerks that lived there. Not that I didn't do anything productive... I had several responsibilities, including editing my boss's emails and letters and managing some of his organization (He wasn't big on computers or skilled in grammar, and lucky for me, I was!) My boss was the absolute coolest. He let me off whenever I needed it and worked around my schedule. Whenever my boss, the owner of the hotel, made rennovations, which was basically constantly, I would crack up as the four boys and their dad worked together because they were all so crazy and funny. I'm so glad I married the oldest boy!
*If you could get any gift for your birthday this year what would it be?
    -$1,000 for clothes for me and my family. 
*What was one of your favorite vacations?
    -As a kid with my family, we took a 4-week trip across the country in a van...Two parents, six kids, and a grandma cramped in our van was not that much fun at the time, but the memories we made far outweigh the whining and crying and complaining we did. We saw a lot of the Mormon history sites, visiting as many as possible in that month. We saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, and the White House (Pres. Clinton was walking out as we drove by.) and a lot of the cool stuff in D.C. I honestly can't even remember all the other places we went to, but I just know I look back on that time with nothing but joy and appreciation. I still can't believe my parents did that for us.
    My favorite vacation with James was to San Diego. He surprised me with the trip for our first Christmas together (married for 2 months), giving me clues in separate boxes, waiting to give me the best part, the biggest gift, until the last so I would KNOW what was going on--incredible tickets to Wicked, the musical! We drove there and back and just had a great time visiting Sea World, the harbor, and the play and enjoying our time together as newly weds. Can you believe that trip beat out our trip to Hawaii as one of my favorites?!