Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Kristina Crosland!



Name: Kristina CroslandStudent’s Name: Giovanni CroslandStudent’s Graduation Year: 2015Your Birthday: March 28

Blog: gioandkristinacrosland.blogspot.com (It is private, so if you would like an invite just give me your email on my profile page!)

-Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I am a farm girl from Preston, ID! I love being with my family!I have two beautiful children, Anthony who is 3 and Annalee who is 18 months. I am a hair stylist, which is a great social opportunity for me, since I am a little shy and don't talk a lot unless i am cutting your hair or already know you. I have cut/colored many of you girls hair in SAA  and I have really enjoyed getting to know you! I enjoy ballroom dancing with my hubby and having a dance party in my living room with my kids (this happens a lot to pass the time)! I have loved living in Missouri, but I really do miss the beautiful mountains of home! I like to do crafts, swim, snowmobile, and I would love to know how to grow plants/garden, however they always seem to die on me. I have made some wonderful friends and met some amazing people in SAA! I love it!

-Then choose at least 4 questions to answer:
*What was one of your favorite vacations?
I love anything Disney , I have been to Disneyland a couple of times, which is great, but in 2008 I was able to go on a Disney Cruise with all my family, and a big group of friends/family of about 80 people! We spent about two days at Disney World before going on the cruise! I highly recommend this, it was awesome! We also went during Halloween, which is one of my favorite times of year ( the more fun and happy side of Halloween, not the creepy, spooky side). If you have ever been to a Disney park during a holiday, they decorations are fantastic! Disney World mixed with a Disney Cruise to the Caribbean has to be my favorite places, especially since I was with all the people that I love!
*What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
This isn't too crazy, but in fall 2008 before I got pregnant with my first child, we lived in Rexburg, ID, so we were super close to the Teton mountains. Gio had always wanted to take me backpacking, so we hiked up Cascade Canyon and up into the South Fork, camped the night. Then we hiked back down the next day. Oh my heavens, I was super sore, I didn't prepare enough for it, when we got to the fork, my legs would not work anymore, Gio had to carry my pack! Plus, we had to be careful of bears, which made me even more nervous. I did have a lot of fun camping with GIo though!
*How did you and your significant other meet?
Gio and I grew up together. I didn't know him personally, but I his younger sister was my friend and my older sister was his good friend. I had his dad for a science teacher in 7th grade, and my dad was Gio's wrestling coach. We met for real in high school when we were both on the ballroom dance team and got put together for a dance. My mom was a coach and teaching us the dance, so we would have practices at my house. Now in high school I was super shy if I didn't know you that well, so this gave Gio the chance to see me with my family, where i am not shy at all. Being at my house for practices is where he fell in love with me! 
*If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love learning about genealogy, and where my family came from. Some came from Germany and some from England and Scotland. I would love to go to these places someday! 
*What was the best job you ever had?
I have only had like 3 jobs in my life, one was moving chicken's, If you have ever seen Napoleon Dynamite, yes i am from there, the part where Napoleon is moving chickens and the old farmer is cracking an egg into the orange juice, yeah that is an actual job, that most the kids do in Preston during the summer. This however was not my favorite job, I grew up on a farm, which was my favorite job! It wasn't the actual work that I liked, it was the fact that I got to work with my family! My dad and uncle own a dairy farm, so I got to spend lots of quality time with my cousins and siblings, while learning hard work ethic!