Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Leslie Marin!!

Name: Leslie Marin


Student’s Name: Kris Marin

Student’s Graduation Year: 2014

Your Birthday: May 8

Blog: http://www.lesliemarin.blogspot.com/

I'm Leslie, married to Kris for 6 years and mom to Isaac- 5, Kaylie-3, and Jessica- 8 months. I grew up a navy brat- lived in Alaska and Japan, and settled in Texas. When I was in Kindergarten I lived next door to the boy who would one day introduce me to my husband in college. I have a slight obsession with pop culture and history. I studied abroad in London and felt more at home there than I have most other places. When I walked around the city I had a fantastic playlist I'd listen to on my ipod that at times I'd walk in time to and imagine was the soundtrack to the movie of my life :) I love meeting new people though it can take me a little while to get out of my shell. I enjoy laughing and being with my friends and my sweet family!

*if you could eat at any restaurant for your birthday what would it be?

I'd love to have good ol' Cafe Rio but alas that is a dream. I'd also take some fantastic Indian food. The spiciest Chicken Tikka Masala I could find with some naan... oh happiness!


*If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?

France with my husband. We have each been before but not together. Since Kris knows how to speak French it would be a different experience than my last one. Would be fun to laze about and travel through the country... oh and REALLY enjoy the pastries, breads and cheeses!

*What is your favorite movie?

Gah- who can answer only one? Trust me I have a ton- same with books and TV, but I can always count on Star Wars, Mean Girls, Pride and Prejudice, Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless mind, and High Fidelity. Seriously this question almost throws me into a frenzy because I LOVE MOVIES!

*what was the best job you ever had?

I waited tables for several years at a steakhouse and LOVED it. I really enjoyed making sure other people had a great experience and the food was yummy. I also worked in special collections at the BYU library... oh that was happiness too!

*What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

READ! I love books (will be a librarian some day) and when I was single I would take my birthday off of work and spend the morning and afternoon wandering around Barnes and Noble. I enjoy cooking as well and it is one of my favorite ways to spend time with my family. Otherwise I can hole up with the TV and Netflix and watch HGTV/Food Network/Seinfeld, Friends, Survivor, ANTM, Bones, CSI, and The Office reruns till the end of time.

*If you could get any gift for your birthday this year what would it be?

1 of 2 things: 1) I am now hired as a historical consultant for feature films and this is my ticket to get on a red carpet/in the studio to be a part of making movies... or a slightly more preferred 2) a year paid trip around the world that I could cash in when med school and life aren't so hectic. I WANT to travel and I will!.. who wants to come along ?