Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Saysha Nielson




Me: Saysha Nielson
Hubby: Nathan Nielson
Grad year: 2010
Bday: 5/14


Tell us about your family.
We have 3 girls: Caitlin 6, Abby 3, and Emma Jo 1. And we love having girls!!


Do you have any pets?
Um...not unless you consider my kids pets. :o)


What's your favorite food?
Chicken Enchilada Soup at Chilis. Yum.


Which sport do you like?
Basketball. Sand volleyball is a close 2nd though.


How do you spend your free time?
At the clubhouse swimming!!! (or else making clips, bracelets, cleaning, etc...)


Tell us about a favorite event of your adulthood.
The whole living in Kirksville for 2 years 'event' would be the highlight for right now. Although I don't ever want to end up in a town that small when we settle down… I loved the close friendships that were made and the support system for those 2 years.


Tell us about a favorite event of your childhood.
At an amusement park in California when I was 6 (at the time it was called Great America...I don't know what it's called now) they had a dolphin show. They chose me as the volunteer, and in front of the whole audience I fed the dolphins food, helped them do tricks, and got pulled around their pool in a raft that the dolphins pulled with their nose. Yeah..with lawsuits nowadays you wouldn't see that happen!


What are your hobbies?
Making things like hair bows, bracelets, invitations, etc... I also love to shop and go to Disneyland! (Very inexpensive hobbies..I know ;o)


When do you feel best? In the morning, afternoon, or evening?
Hmmmm...evening when the kids are in bed and I get to go to bed...wayyyyyyy later after I catch up on life.


If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Why?
In the house we're in, in Val Vista Lakes, in Gilbert Arizona. Why? Because our house was totally gutted and redone very nicely before we moved in. The community we live in looks more like southern California than the desert. The neighborhood is so safe, the schools are amazing, the clubhouse is amazing. The bus stop is in our backyard (ok...practically). We live so close to EVERY STORE IN THE WORLD...it is so convenient. AND!!!! No nasty winters. I really love it here. And I owe it all to Katie Wilkins....thanks! (Ok...T.M.I...I know)


If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt?
Probably going on to become a gymnasics olympian. I took gymnastics when I was very little and I advanced quite fast. Then when I hit age 8 (and I was on a team in class 5 days a week) I decided to give it up for piano lessons. Yeah...crazy. But whenever I watch the olympics I get a little surge of jealousy that I wish I would've kept going.


Are you a beach, country or city person?
City with a beach. he he he


What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
Endless energy and patience. I don't know why having 3 kids has been such a hard transition....but I feel like I'm always out of energy, and my patience wears thin sometimes. I would love to have neverending of each of those qualities!


Where are you from?
0-12 years: Auburn, CA. 12-20 Years: Farmington, UT


How do you want to be remembered?
As someone who loved to have fun, include everyone, helped people, and was reliable.


Who has had the most influence on your life?
My Mom, of course. Even though growing up that would have been my last answer...now I realize the wisdom in all of the things she taught me...against my will. I love my mom.